Privacy Statement for Cat-World
Cat-World has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site: cat-world.com.au
Cookies and Web Beacons:
We also use third party advertisements on Cat-World to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing Sydney estate ads to someone in Sydney, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
- Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and other sites on the Internet.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums. *
Cat-World.com.au collects data on users via registration forms on our site in which we ask visitors for general contact information (like email address), and demographic information (like postcode).
This site contains links to other sites. Cat-World.com.au is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This site makes forums available to our members. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Our forums require the collection of personal information (including but not limited to name, email address, location, and IP address). This information is used solely to ensure any users violating our content rules can be contacted.
Cat-World.com.au respects the privacy of all visitors/users of the site. If for any reason you contact us via e-mail or become a member of our forums, your contact details will remain confidential to the site owner & site staff only. The only exception to this would be if Cat-World.com.au was legally ordered to disclose information on a member.
Private Messages on Forums
Cat-World forums members who are over 18 have use of the private messaging system. The purpose of private messages is to allow for discreet conversations between members. Normal forums rules apply to private messages.
Members under 18 are not permitted to use the private messaging system, and members of the forums are not permitted to private message a minor. If members knowingly break these rules they will be banned immediately.
If you receive a private message which breaches Cat-World forums guidelines, is threatening, abusive or contains illegal content please forward it onto one of the Cat-World administrators immediately. Do not reply to the person sending you the private message.
While the name "private messages" gives the suggestion that they are private, they are part of the database & as such accessible to Cat-World administrators. So, while they are private, they are not necessarily secret. Cat-World has a policy of respecting member's privacy & would never access member's private message unless the following reasons applied:
- We have reason to believe that a member is using the PM system to engage in illegal behaviour.
- We have reason to believe that a member is using the PM system to slander a person or business, which could result in damage to their reputation.
- We have reason to believe that a member is using the PM system to cause harm to others.
- We have reason to believe that a member is using the PM system to solicit money from members, such as phishing.
- We have reason to believe that a member is using the PM system to spam members.
- We have reason to believe that a member is using the PM system to threaten members.
- We believe that a person is using the PM system in order to cause damage to Cat-World.
Children under the age of 13 can not join the forums.
Children over the age of 13 but under the age of 18 may join the forums but they can not use the private messaging system.
We do not collect data from children under 13.
Legal Disclosures of Information
Cat-World will not share any personally identifiable information collected from visitors or members of the site unless the following reasons apply.
- We are legally ordered to provide such information via a legal subpoena.
- We have reason to believe that a member has endangered, threatened, harassed another member or staff member.
If you have any further questions or comments in regards to your privacy, please feel free to contact us via the form below.
* Thanks to JenSense for the use of this content.