10 replies to this topic

#1 *Freyja*

*Freyja*

.:Senior Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,212 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Animals, Music, Culture, Reading

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question, not sure where to put it.

Neko was microchipped when I got him, and I was given a stickers with the number on it. How do I know which registration database he is in?

I want to go in online and update that he has been desexed, and also just make sure that all the details are correct. I'd also like to know how to do this in future in case of phone numbers or email address changes etc.

The stickers I have say "RFID for P.E.T.S" with the number underneath. I've tried googling P.E.T.S but couldn't find anything.

Anyone know?

Ta

#2 CathyW

CathyW

.:Advanced Member:.

• Members2
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

try entering chip number in this system.
http://www.petaddress.com.au/

#3 *Freyja*

*Freyja*

• Members2
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

Yah, thanks Cathy! I found him on Australasian Animal Registry :)

#4 Eniam

Eniam

Cat MaD Onna

• Members2
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

Posted Image This would be a really good post to pin

#5 *Freyja*

*Freyja*

• Members2
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image This would be a really good post to pin

Yes I think it would be a great help.

Mods, feel free to change the topic title if you want to pin it, to make it more explanatory.

#6 Terrorbull

Terrorbull

• Members1
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

I have never had issues with changing details, i have just headed into my council and got the details updated there. Might go track their numbers down and put them in the above link and see if they are all there.

I have 5 pets and no idea who each is with !

#7 *Freyja*

*Freyja*

• Members2
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have never had issues with changing details, i have just headed into my council and got the details updated there. Might go track their numbers down and put them in the above link and see if they are all there.

I have 5 pets and no idea who each is with !

Hmmm....I was under the impression that microchip database info is totally seperate to local council registration? I'm sure someone will answer for sure, but you better make sure the microchips are all up to date, because I don't think the council updates the microchip database....

:confused:

#8 Eniam

Eniam

Cat MaD Onna

• Members2
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Yes Freya I agree I also think council's registers are different.
It would make sense if councils got into step with a national microchip database - Instead of each having their own records
Council chips aren't compulsory for all councils is Tassie and the government say they haven't got the money to manage the new Cat legislation that went through parliament last year - so every thing is confused and up in the air here.

#9 Terrorbull

Terrorbull

• Members1
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

hmm, i will have to check. When i moved to WA it was changed via council... none of my details have moved since i am home now anyways but will get the vets to sus it out next time i am there

#10 *Freyja*

*Freyja*

• Members2
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:25 PM

hmm, i will have to check. When i moved to WA it was changed via council... none of my details have moved since i am home now anyways but will get the vets to sus it out next time i am there

If you want, all you need to do is search their microchip numbers on that site above, and it will tell you which database they are on. Then you just go to that databases website, and I was able to just type the chip number in, along with my surname, and up came my account!

I was able to add my email address, check all my phone numbers and addresses and also add in alternate contacts etc. You wouldn't even need to have the vet do it :)

#11 Elisabeth

Elisabeth

.:Super Member:.

• Members1
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

If you want, all you need to do is search their microchip numbers on that site above, and it will tell you which database they are on. Then you just go to that databases website, and I was able to just type the chip number in, along with my surname, and up came my account!

I was able to add my email address, check all my phone numbers and addresses and also add in alternate contacts etc. You wouldn't even need to have the vet do it :)

Firstly, this was a fantastic thread to pin - Thanks!

I have 5 animals and one is with Australian Animal Records. That one is easy to update on the web.
Central Animal Records is not as easy to even view your records, I think you have to phone them.
But either way, this was great - it less you to where you need to be.

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map