Photo

Melbourne: Free To Responsible Home Asap, Rescued Kittens!

kittens free rehome rehoming ASAP adopt rescue melbourne victoria VIC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cupcakelover

cupcakelover

Kitten

• 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hi there,

I am in need of quite urgent assistance and would greatly appreciate any advice!

I have recently rescued 6 kittens from a neglect situation, through a friend of a friend.

As a cat lover and cat owner myself, I took the kittens on in haste because of concern for their welfare in the current Melbourne heatwave.

2 have already been successfully rehomed with responsible people who I know personally.

1 more is due to be adopted out tomorrow afternoon.

By tomorrow I will have remaining:

x2 female tabby DSH, approx 6 wks old

x1 female pure white DSH, approx 5 months old

All are healthy, eating well, and fully wormed.

All are completely gorgeous and have beautiful, friendly temperaments. (See http://www.catsofaus...?showtopic=7903 which is a copy of this post with PHOTOS attached),

I am offering these kittens FREE to a good home.

Anyone who adopts these kittens MUST ensure prompt desexing and vaccination, as I certainly cannot afford to get all of these cats' vet work done. This is why I am not charging an adoption fee (although I have already voluntarily spent about $100 of my own money on worming, flea treatments, food, litter, etc).

They will not be given to just anyone, only those who are deemed suitable.

I have a couple of people potentially interested in adopting either of the 2 babies, although I have not heard back from them as yet, so I am still seeking homes for these little ones.

But my greatest concern is for the teenage girl cat. With so many kittens around at this time of year I worry that she will not find a home before she grows up.

I have contacted every reputable rescue group in Melbourne and all have said that they currently have their hands full.

RSPCA in Burwood would accept the cats, however I am reluctant to put them through the shelter process, particular the teenage girl cat, as she is so cuddly and gentle and has really come out of her shell in the domestic fostering situation. I would much rather her be rehomed privately than go through the RSPCA. I don't like the thought of something potentially going wrong while she's there, such as her getting sick, or not being adopted, and the possibility of euthanisation.

Does anyone have any ideas or contacts for me? These kittens require forever homes, and I cannot look after them properly any longer, financially and otherwise.

I am located in the northern suburbs of Melbourne, about 10km from the CBD. I will be glad to pass on my contact details for legitimate enquiries.

Please help if you can! I would be grateful for any suggestions ASAP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kittens, free, rehome, rehoming, ASAP, adopt, rescue, melbourne, victoria, VIC

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map