4 replies to this topic

#1 Starwood

Starwood

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

I have a one year old Birman kitty, Nikita. I have been letting her into my enclosed backyard on little supervised outdoor visits when I am out there gardening. She absolutely loves lying in the sun and being outdoors. The only problem is that she seems to want to be out there all the time now. When I bring her in she meows loudly for ages wanting to be let out. It is doing my head in!

I think the solution is to make her an outdoor enclosure, which I will do when I move to my new house, but I don't move for another two months. I don't know what to do in the mean time. Just ignore the meowing and hope she settles down?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

#2 Weegiemum

Weegiemum

.:Super Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:My family, cats, chooks, shopping, eBay, reading, scrapbooking, antique furniture and china.

Posted 24 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

Um, lots more gardening perhaps?  :)

#3 Starwood

Starwood

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

Thanks so much for responding Weegiemum. Yes, more time with Nikita outside might be part of the solution.

Fortunately she is starting to settle down. Upon reflection I think she was also unsettled because I have just sold my house and there has been a lot of disruption of her environment, plus I have been stressed out. 

I might also try the Feliway diffuser. Has anyone used this with success?

#4 Doreen

Doreen

Hopelessly Devoted to Cats...

• Members1
  • 29,076 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

Yes, Feliway diffuser has been helpful here, and also Rescue Remedy put in the water bowls and on the outside of the ears. An enclosure will be wonderful for her later.

#5 Starwood

Starwood

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:42 PM

Thanks Doreen for your great suggestions. I put Rescue Remedy in the water bowls already, but will also put on the outside of her ears.

I also did some Reiki (energetic healing) on Nikita a few days ago, and it helped dramatically. I am so happy, she is back to her old happy calm Birman self. Yay! So I highly recommend this for any others with stressed out little kitty cats :)

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map