Cat Magic For Honey Please

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:12 AM

My poor Honey had a dreadful experience on Wednesday. We did the usual cat divide in the morning, girls in their rooms with breakfast, Dynamic duo out in the house and cat runs, us off to the pool at 0540. Somehow that little devil Yoda smashed through the locked cat flap into Honey's room, followed by Farida, and then they could not get back out.  

I have no idea how long they were in there, we got home at 1100 as we had errands, but Honey was totally traumatised. I took her to the vet, sum damage is a bad scratch on her shoulder and a lot of bruises and shock. Her right front leg is swollen above the knee, she has a sore back and is limping on her left back leg. The vet said rest, cuddles, lost of pampering. She's eating OK so it's just a matter of time but I could have wrung the little monster's necks.
A metal grid has been installed to prevent further incursions. No way we'll ever get her out through that cat flap now  I feel like such a bad cat mummy.

UPDATE: She's looking better, her back is obviously not as sore, but her poor front knee is still swollen and painful. I'm keeping an eye on it, back to the vet Monday if she is still limping badly

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,284 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

Poor Honey, sending lots of CW magic for her

#3 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Spots, spots and more spots

• Administrator
  • 9,204 posts
  • Interests:Dotty, spotty Ocicats

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

Lots of CW Magic for Honey

#4 Hazy

Hazy

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:00 AM

Poor little Honey, please give her a gentle "get well soon" chin scratch from me. Sending the two naughty feline felons the dirtiest look I can muster for upsetting such a benevolent, sweet natured little girl!

I am glad to hear Honey is slowly improving though, if you haven't got any of these heat pads (below) I highly recommend them to you. It would make Honey nice & comfy sitting on a warm heat pad to convalesce.

http://www.ebay.com....=item4d06eb5bc3

#5 Jemcass

Jemcass

..:Cat Mad:..

• Members1
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:18 AM

I hope Honey will be feeling better really soon Odille.

:catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  Lots of CW magic on the way for her.

#6 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

Honey says thank you everyone for the CM.  She is sitting in the sun in my study window, first time she has felt up to getting up there since it happened, and its a fave spot for her.

#7 catsmeow

catsmeow

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 6,334 posts
  • Interests:my three cats - Dootie, P Puss and Widgee Wee, dining out, tv show- the Bill, aerobics, my family

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

good thoughts for dear Honey enjoy that sunny window x

#8 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 11:43 AM

Back to the vet this morning.  She has been a bit off her feed, eating little and late.  And when I went in this morning to give her a kiss before we went to the pool she hissed and lashed out at me!

Her temp was at the high end of normal, the vet couldn't find any obvious sore patches although she was uncomfortable on the lower back just above her tail.  So she has had an anti-inflammatory injection and an AB (both long lasting injections) and we wait and see.

The reason for injections is because she is nearly impossible to do anything with - her file at the vet has a note saying she is VERY hard to give a tablet to or to get blood from - it says takes 3 people!  I've never known a cat who can resist so strongly - yet she doesn't lash out (today was an absolute first).

So fingers crossed and keep the  :catmagic3:  coming, pretty please

#9 charleycat

charleycat

... : Little By Little : ...

• Members1
  • 8,156 posts
  • Interests:So little time, so much to do! Homeschooling, Coursera studies, music, reading (if I had the time), knitting blankets ;) using essential oils and homeopathy...

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

Poor Honey! I don't suppose the wretches could have started an abscess, that often seems to be the result of altercations :( Feliway and Rescue Remedy???

Magic for Honey:  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:

#10 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

She's brightened through the day.  Ate 3/4 of her breakfast when we got home from the vet, and had her biscuits at lunch.  She is hanging round me like she normally does at dinner time, so fingers crossed.  I was worried about abscesses as well, but the vet said the AB injection should take care of any lurkers.  Fingers crossed.

#11 Hazy

Hazy

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

Good news, I hope Honey continues to improve.  sending more  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3: for Honey.

#12 Heather Sharada

Heather Sharada

Foundation Member

• Administrator
  • 66,812 posts
  • Interests:Meditation, Spiritual Lifestyle, Vegetarianism
    Reflexology -Homoeopathy,
    Ex Breeder Sharada Birmans. Like cats to have free access cat-proof garden.

Lived England 14 years - returned 1998

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Do you have Rescue Remedy - a drop or two rubbed into back of ears might help settle her and if you have a Feliway diffuser perhaps put it on in her room

#13 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

I've tried it with her before, Heather, and it doesn't seem to work for her.  She is definitely on the improve, back to eating almost normally and following her usual routine.  Sitting beside me on the spare study chair wondering, as always, why Mummy is up in the middle of the night.

#14 Satchmo

Satchmo

Global Cat Addict

• Administrator
  • 22,830 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:31 AM

At least she is on the improve and happy to be with you and not hiding away somewhere.

#15 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:45 AM

Pleased to report she is back to normal, cleaning up her food, following me round, hiding under the doona if she hears what she thinks might be Farida or Yoda.  Thanks for the good wishes and CM, everyone.