Mitya my beautiful Russian

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chezza

chezza

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:My interests are computer, swimming, walking, reading, scrapbooking and my five beautiful grandaughters.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:23 PM

today at 10.55am my best friend and most loyal and loving little mate Mitya left this world and walked across the rainbow bridge to pussy cat heaven.
This has been coming for a long time. And we knew the time had come today but that makes it no easier for us.
Mitya was in kidney failure. He was one very unhappy little man. And, at nearly 14 we knew we couldn't allow this to go on.
He still cuddled us at times right up until the end but he'd started urinating outside his tray. Couldn't eat his food properly and was forever asking for food. Meowed too much and hardly slept. He wandered listlessly around his favourite rooms. Couldn't settle. Was hunched over like the old man he was!
I didn't want to do this but as the vet said we'd be back in under three weeks for this to happen.
But how can you be the one to decide this is someone's last day on earth. But my husband and I had to decide.
The vet advised.
I stayed with Mitya right to the end. He and I watched each other as the vet administered the drug. I was full on into his little face. It was so very quick. I was with Mitya when we rescued him from a terrible existence and I needed to be with him at the end. He'd always been there for us and I needed to be there for him.
We have cried so many tears and there will be more yet. Our little dog Rangi is a so lost. They were best friends. The little dog is off sulking somewhere at present. In the house. He needs so much more love now. His best friend and playmate has left him and he doesn't understand where Mitya is
Thank you for reading this. I needed to talk.

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,283 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Having recently had to have my precious girl PTS, I can empathise & send you hugs. It is so hard to say goodbye to our special friends.  Fly with the angels Mitya

#3 chezza

chezza

• Members2
  • 120 posts
  • Interests:My interests are computer, swimming, walking, reading, scrapbooking and my five beautiful grandaughters.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:42 PM

Thanks Happy Cat Lady, I sure hope my baby is flying with the Angels. And I'm sorry for your loss.
These pets are so precious.

#4 Satchmo

Satchmo

Global Cat Addict

• Administrator
  • 22,830 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

So sorry to hear this very sad news Chezza.  You made the kindest decision for Mitya, as hard as it may have been it shows so much love and devotion.  HUGS

#5 catsmeow

catsmeow

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 6,334 posts
  • Interests:my three cats - Dootie, P Puss and Widgee Wee, dining out, tv show- the Bill, aerobics, my family

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

RIP  Mitya.  Hugs to you Chezza.  You have given your Mitya the greatest gift of all, fly free little one xx

#6 Hazy

Hazy

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:02 PM

RIP sweet little Mitya  :Rainbow bridge:

:hugs: Chezza, may you gain comfort in the fact you saved your little fellow from a horrible existence and gave him a wonderful life with lots of love & happiness. It is never easy saying goodbye to our precious feline friends; their precious life with us on earth is so short & fleeting and it is ever so heartbreaking when it is time to say goodbye.

A BRIDGE CALLED LOVE

It takes us back to brighter years
To happy sunlit days
And to precious moments
That will be with us always
And these fond recollections are
treasured in the heart
To bring us aways close to those
From whom we had to part.

There is a bridge of memories
From Earth to Heaven above
It keeps our dear ones near to us
It's a bridge that we call love...

Author unknown... 

#7 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,563 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:07 AM

Commiserations Chezza - it's so hard to do but the last comfort we can give our dear little companions in life.  I was just thinking about my many lost ones yesterday - you remember them with love and the happy times, not their sad endings.  Did you let your little dog see the body - it can stop them forever searching for the lost friend.  They usually just sniff and walk away but they settle down afterwards, sad but resigned, it always seems to me.

#8 chezza

chezza

• Members2
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

I've lost a lot of pets throughout my life but none has affected me as much as Mitya's passing.
I am sure Russians are perhaps one of the most loving of felines and also they select one person as theirs.
And, that was me!
I keep telling myself I should have waited another couple of days because the morning Mitya walked the rainbow bridge
He appeared somewhat happier. Sat with us both. Went from one chair to the other. Jumping up each time and also when my husband walked in the front door Mitya even got off my chair to say hello. He kissed his little doggie mate. First time we'd seen this in awhile.
Did he know? At the vet's he generally tried to escape. That day he sat while his little leg was shaved watching me as I was him.
Then just laid over in my arms.
I'm having a dreadful time as is my little dog. I should have showed him Mitya at the end. He is just searching everywhere for his mate.
Hubby has accepted it better and is healing quicker.
Sorry to burden you but I need to talk and the reaction from friends who don't have pets is....
Well, wasn't he just a cat? No, he was my best little friend and I have no intentions of replacing Mitya.
We are caravanners so now we will take our dog and go away without having to have house sitters as we always did. Mainly because of Mitya.
Thanks to everyone who has read this and the ones who have responded. God Bless.

#9 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,563 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:17 AM

That's why I love the forums, we can say what we really feel to like minded friends without fear of censure or ridicule.

#10 jkb

jkb

.:Senior Member:.

• Members1
  • 1,113 posts
  • Interests:Pippin and Ruben.Tropical fish. Family and friends. Working as a neonatal intensive care nurse.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Mitya.  Yes, having to decide exactly when our pet will be helped to Rainbow Bridge is so very hard. We know it is the correct decision - but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier. Sorry to hear your little dog is grieving so. Hugs.

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map