Ongoing Blood In Urine-may Be Bladder Stones...my Story

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Furrball01

Furrball01

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Scrapbooking when time allows, renovating. I work as a support worker for people homeless & at risk of becoming homeless. Hubby Chris believes he's on the bottom of the food chain in a house run by Furries!

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

Bladder stones: Just a FYI for other cat lovers. I have never had a cat have this issue before so it took a while to figure it out. My Annika had blood in her urine, sometimes it would settle most times not. We had moved house so thought she was stressed. She was peeing on the carpet, which she never did before. Vet put her on some calm drops, didn't work. Antibiotics didn't work. We had her urine tested, nothing showed. This is over 12mths mind you. More blood tests revealed some crystals. More blood tests to come. Finally stumped, the vet scanned her tummy, and there it was, a bladder stone (2 actually). Annika had surgery 3 weeks ago now and is one happier cat. She showed no other symptoms and I googled lots and only came up with stress issues as I was doing all I could to find the problem as well. So this is just an info share, that, continued blood in urine may be bladder stones which can only be found by a scan. I felt really bad it took me so long to sort but glad I persevered.

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,284 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

Thanks for the insight.  I'm glad Annika is now a much happier cat

#3 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:45 AM

Good to know - so maybe if urine is clear in random peeing an X ray might be a good idea - ayr the start before all the buggering around!  Glad she is better now, must have been so distressing for you both.

#4 jkb

jkb

.:Senior Member:.

• Members1
  • 1,114 posts
  • Interests:Pippin and Ruben.Tropical fish. Family and friends. Working as a neonatal intensive care nurse.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:05 PM

So happy that the cause of Annikas' problem was eventually identified. The two of you must be so relieved. Thanks for sharing.