2 replies to this topic

#1 Chatte

Chatte

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Good Morning All

I have a dilemma at the moment.  I am trying to buy a house.  Problem is I am in Sydney and have been trying for 18 months.  I now can't afford to buy here so am looking elsewhere.

Myself and my two cats are staying with my mother (she loves her grandcats).  I could buy a place out of Sydney, a two hour drive away.  I would need to come back and stay with my mother for work purposes and because I help out with my mothers care (doctors appointments etc).

So am considering coming down to Sydney for two weeks, then back up the coast for two weeks.  My concern, as always is my cats.  Is it too long for them to be in the car for two hours at a time, even if it is only every couple of weeks?  I do not want to stress them.  Though they have been in the car and lived between two homes most of their lives due to my job necessitating regular travel, they detest being in the car.  They don't mind staying at my Mums.  But Mum has a cat and a dog so there is a bit of tension in who is top cat in the house (even the dog things she is a cat),

My cats are both 15 this year.  I am concerned also because of their age.  Has anyone done anything like this with their cats?  Any suggestions or recommendation or warnings?

Thanks

Chatte

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,284 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

Interesting.  How do they travel?  If they are not stressed by the traveling, I would say go for it.

#3 Chatte

Chatte

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

Thanks for your reply Joy.  My cats are not fans of the car.  So I don't think they will be overjoyed with a long car journey on a regular basis.  I am worried about causing this stress especially at their age.  But I have to do something so the three of us have a roof over our heads.