22 replies to this topic

#1 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

.:Super Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:10 PM

Hi!

I think about CW and all the old posters with fondness and appreciation.

My three are still going strong. Pene, my Birman, had that lump removed from her belly which turned out benign thank goodness. Thai is his usual allergic but cheeky self and little Beau is .. well .. Beau. He still gets shaved every 4-6 months and he loves the feeling. He leaps around like a spring lamb for days afterwards. I suspect it's because he is profoundly deaf and when his thick Persian coat is off he has more sensory stimulation on his skin. My three are all around 10 years old but the two Persians still act like kittens. Pene (Penny) has slowed down a little, preferring to watch the other cats run around, from her perch as Top Cat.

I hope everyone is well.

Love to all cat lovers!

xx

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,284 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

Wonderful to read that you & all your babies are well. Give them all, especially our little Beau a cuddle fro me.

We lost our Stella last March (pancreatic cancer maybe).  She was only 8 & I still miss her with all my heart.  We will be bringing home a new Devon in about 3 weeks.  Her name is Yum Yum & she is beautiful.  I will post some photos when she arrives home

#3 Satchmo

Satchmo

Global Cat Addict

• Administrator
  • 22,830 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

Lovely to see you posting again.  I am still very severely mourning the loss of my amazing soul cat *Merlin*.  He passed away on my lap at home here on the 4th August.  I struggle everyday now.  He gave me and lots of others, some very special babies to cherish. 

#4 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:33 AM

Hello, hello, so nice to see people visiting here.  Our crew has changed a bit since we moved to Tassie.  Raymond has passed over the RB, and we have gained Farida, a lilac Oriental.  Yoda is as naughty as ever and Zafira, although 18 and 'arthritic' according h to the vets, still gallumphs around like a kitten!  Current crew pics below.

#5 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 12:12 AM

Oh goodness Joy I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Stella. ♥

And to Satchmo for the loss of your beloved Merlin.

Hugs to Odille for the loss of your Raymond.

It hurts, that place in your heart. I always find comfort knowing I will meet up with my fur babies when I pass over. I couldn't think of anyone or anything more special, besides my kids, to have my special fur babies comforting me in spirit when it's my turn.

I will drop in so I can see the pics of Yum Yum! Welcome to Farida to the CW family as well.

Love to all! Beau appreciates the scritches.

#6 Doreen

Doreen

Hopelessly Devoted to Cats...

• Members1
  • 29,076 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hello, it is great to see you here and to hear about your babies. I lost my Mitsi two years ago just before moving to our new home, I was just looking through a drawer last week and I found her new name tag, I had new ones made for all my babies before we moved, but she never came here. She had struggled for the last three years of her life, I was syringe feeding her and she was doing OK, but I knew it was time when she decided to give up the fight. Harley (calico) is still going strong, just about to turn 14 and so relaxed in our new home. The boys (Maccy and Boo Boo) are 5 now and doing very well, and loving racing around the garden watching birdies through the fence. Love to all of your babies. 

#7 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

Hi Doreen :bye:

Hugs for you for the loss of Mitsi. You and Mitsi certainly gave it the good fight for 3 years.

Love and hugs to your beautiful tribe too!

#8 Heather Sharada

Heather Sharada

Foundation Member

• Administrator
  • 66,812 posts
  • Interests:Meditation, Spiritual Lifestyle, Vegetarianism
    Reflexology -Homoeopathy,
    Ex Breeder Sharada Birmans. Like cats to have free access cat-proof garden.

Lived England 14 years - returned 1998

Posted 27 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

Hi
I very rarely come here these days as well - lovely to catch up.....I came today looking for the date of Deb Raus passing - I think 13 years now.

My circumstances have changed markedly - no more cats - my girls now live with Lesley Gaze in Tasmania following a bit of a health crisis that necessitated me finding a permanent solution for them - they are happily settled and as I am still recovering it is probably better to leave it cat free....I rarely miss them - well not often and get lots of cat fixes via other peoples cats - started three groups on FB - one for indoor cats, one for red and tortieshell cats and another for Australian and New Zealand Cat Fanciers

#9 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Hi Heather, I'm glad to hear your health is recovering and that you found a workable solution for you and your cats. ♥

#10 Inca

Inca

Quirky Animal Hugger

• 12,494 posts
  • Interests:chillin' with birmans, crazy with coonies and spending time with a beagle and two goofy labradors

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

Nice to see some action here - I miss the old Cat World days 

#11 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

Nice to see some action here - I miss the old Cat World days 

You and me both!  I had a nice routine, morning news, then my forums - Cat World, Photo forums, couple of others of interest.  FB is just not the same :(

#12 charleycat

charleycat

... : Little By Little : ...

• Members1
  • 8,156 posts
  • Interests:So little time, so much to do! Homeschooling, Coursera studies, music, reading (if I had the time), knitting blankets ;) using essential oils and homeopathy...

Posted 09 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

I'm just out of step - Facebook has taken over the world! Good to hear Beau is still up to his antics ;) Hershey and Lucy are still going strong - Hershey still the big sooky teddy bear and Lucy has become Toby's cat! (Mousehunter) She sits at his feet or on the arm of his chair and I'm simply not in the picture at all but still grab a sneaky cuddle with her when I can.

#13 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

I'm just out of step - Facebook has taken over the world! Good to hear Beau is still up to his antics ;) Hershey and Lucy are still going strong - Hershey still the big sooky teddy bear and Lucy has become Toby's cat! (Mousehunter) She sits at his feet or on the arm of his chair and I'm simply not in the picture at all but still grab a sneaky cuddle with her when I can.

How old is Lucy now?  She must be getting on - so glad she is well.  Having lost 2 only aged 11 a year or so apart (Marmie and then Raymond) I got a bit nervy when I realised Honey turned 11 this year - but apart from a small scare with an eye infection all seems well.

#14 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

Kisses for Hershey (lol) and sweet Lucy! And scritches for Honey ♥

I miss the old Cat World too and often think about you all.

#15 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:29 AM

Our 'new' girl, Miss Farida is a dear.  She's been with us 18 months now and has the flighty Oriental type nature - she flits from place to place, and still adamantly refuses to be picked up.  Every morning she comes in to see Mummy in the study, she hops up on the extra chair, and if I don't notice her there is a sweet voiced little 'mew' to remind me of her presence.  This leads to pats and 'follies' for tummy rubs - yes, despite her flightiness she adores tummy rubs, usually on chairs, and never scratches or bites.  She's a real darling.  She loves the Giant Funky Hollow and is often found at the top, gazing out at those cheeky birds in the morning.  She also loves the enclosures, spending hours on the top shelf watching the world go by.

She's a real joy to own.

I tried to attach 3 images but even though I resized them it refuses to do it, sorry.