• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JohnC

JohnC

Kitten

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

Hello. My cat is on chemotherapy and is prone to getting serious infections. I have recently moved house and want to disinfect the ground floor before moving in with my cat. Is there a cat-friendly disinfectant I can use for the floor? (I don't think I can use a steam mop on wooden floors). I'm worried about her picking up bacteria in the new house, particularly when she's on chemotherapy. Thanks for your help!

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,284 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:24 AM

I'm sorry John & hope you cat will be OK.  What about a white vinegar diluted with water, baking soda & maybe peroxide.

#3 Jemcass

Jemcass

..:Cat Mad:..

• Members1
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:55 AM

Possibly F10 Veterinary Disinfectant might be suitable, I would suggest you ask your vet about it. The vet clinic may be able to supply you with some, or it can be purchased online. I hope everything goes well for your cat.

#4 Hazy

Hazy

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:15 PM

I will not add on advice given above as I believe it has been fully covered with excellent tips/ advice. However I do fully empathize with you regarding your concerns with your cat's poor immune system due to chemotherapy treatment. I have been through the same with my cat (treatment ended 8 months ago).  I wish you all the very best with a positive outcome.

Edited by Hazy, 25 October 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#5 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:14 AM

Hi again John, how is your cat getting on with her chemo?  Hope she is doing well and just sending a few  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  :catmagic3:  for a full recovery

Edited by Analog6, 22 November 2015 - 05:14 AM.