• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jazzmine

jazzmine

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:50 PM

My 10 year old cat has just started pooing out of the litter box in 2 or 3 spots around the house. She's never had a problem before. There is 4 cat trays in the house. The only thing I can think of is this year our old dog who was nearly 16 was pts and he never came back in the house for the cats to see him gone. We only had a short time from pts to get him to the welfare league to be signed in for cremation.

Then a month or so later out old 16yr old cat was pts, she did come in the house for the others to see her before we took her to the welfare league to be cremated. So two of her friends have gone but there is still another two in the house.

We have the feliway diffuser going and she has also had sentry calming collar around her neck and my male cats neck (he's the wall pee-er of the family!!!) And that didn't help either.

Is there anything else I can give her or do to stop her from doing this? Cos we are now thinking of building a cat run and she will spend most of her time outside.

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,267 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

Have you had her vet checked?  One of mine started doing this & she was telling me she was sick.  She had diabetes

#3 jazzmine

jazzmine

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 312 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:59 PM

No I haven't. I was just thinking she was a little messed up with losing family members.

#4 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,267 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:14 AM

Yes, she may be but I would also get her vet checked to be sure

#5 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,560 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:50 AM

Always a vet check first when a sudden change of behaviour happens, just in case.  Especially important for an older cat.  An outside run is an excellent idea, we have 3 attached to the house and ours love them.  Gives them mental stimulation and access to the sun and fresh air.  Good luck with your girl.

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map