• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

.:Super Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

Beau has been ill with primary hypertension for some time now and after a long and very distressing struggle he is now refusing medication. I have discussed all options with my vet and we have decided the kindest thing to do would be to let Beau go. We have a week to spend time with Beau. We will say goodbye to our little boy on Monday.

I just wanted to let you know, those who remember all the trials and tribulations we had with this little deaf and special kitty. The breeder was going to put him to sleep when he was born. But Beau has had 12 years of life with us.

I just want to thank you for advising and supporting and listening for all those years, especially in the early days. xx

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,277 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:49 AM

That is just so sad & how I feel for you.  We had to put Elmo to sleep last Friday & I think I am still in shock as it all happened so quickly (he had kidney failure).  My love to you all,  cuddles for Penne & Thai & of course the gentlest of final pats & kisses to dear little Beau.  I know what a hole it will leave in your hearts.  Can I ask that you post one last photo of our special boy,?  I know he is your avatar, but a nice big one & SID won't complain.  :Rainbow bridge:

#3 Julia

Julia

Site Owner

• Webmaster
  • 18,405 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Beau. Twelve years is amazing, what a wonderful and loving person you are. I hope your last few days with Beau are special. Please give him gentle pats from your friends at Cat-World.

Joy, I am really sorry to hear about Elmo. I must have missed that on Facebook. That is so sad. Take care xxx

#4 ChocolateDots

ChocolateDots

Spots, spots and more spots

• Administrator
  • 9,204 posts
  • Interests:Dotty, spotty Ocicats

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:45 AM

Very sad time, so sorry :(

#5 Heather Sharada

Heather Sharada

Foundation Member

• Administrator
  • 66,812 posts
  • Interests:Meditation, Spiritual Lifestyle, Vegetarianism
    Reflexology -Homoeopathy,
    Ex Breeder Sharada Birmans. Like cats to have free access cat-proof garden.

Lived England 14 years - returned 1998

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:20 PM

I just heard the news and wanted to drop by to offer support and condolences.....we can certainly remember little Beau and the love with which you have supported him all these years....and yes the trials he put in front of you. I am sorry that day has had to come but I guess it was inevitable.

Sending you lots of hugs and courage as you let your little man fly free ..... you have been a wonderful "cat parent"

#6 Weegiemum

Weegiemum

• Members2
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:My family, cats, chooks, shopping, eBay, reading, scrapbooking, antique furniture and china.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

I am so sorry to hear that you are preparing to say goodbye to beloved Beau. You have given a very special kitty a truly wonderful life. May all those special memories comfort you in your sadness. Hugs and prayers to you and your family xx

#7 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:35 AM

I'm sitting up with Beau tonight and I wondered if anyone had replied to my post and here you all are giving so much. Its so comforting to know others remember all Beau's little stories and funny little ways. Remember the Great Piddle that lasted 18 months and nothing worked? How the compounded valium that we rubbed on his ears just made his ears moldy but still didn't stop him piddling on the floor until I chanced upon a high sided litter tray and he took to it like a duck to water and no more piddles. :doh:

Anyway, tonight he is behaving very restlessly. He recoils at touch but can sit on my lap for brief periods but I can't touch him except to hold his paw for a little while. He is staring intently out the window even though it's pitch dark outside. He is barely interested in eating. He is afraid of the TV screen. I think his now untreated hypertension has caused some kind of neurological problem. Poor baby. I wish he could just curl up in my arms and rest. So I'll phone the vet first thing tomorrow, take the day off work and have my Beau put to sleep. I cant stand the thought of not having that little white fluffy warm special creature in my life.

Joy, I'm so very sorry to hear of Elmo's passing. It's so recent and must be so raw. It hurts so much. Please imagine I'm giving you a big hug. :1luvu:

I'll let you know when Beau has passed and I promise I will post a photo in the next few days. xx

#8 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:54 AM

You will be in my thoughts to day & in the days to follow, but you are doing the right thing by Beau. 

My vet says it's the last part of the contract you take out when they arrive at your home  As she said it's the hardest one & I cried in her arms & then took a step back.  She had lost her 27 yr old son to cancer late last year & I said to her that I can't be going what she went through.  She said that grief for a loved one is all the same & my grief is not less than hers.  She's a wonderful vet. Yes it is still so raw & I look for his face & his little tap, tap, tap on my leg when he wanted something, but I know the tears will slow & eventually stop & I will start to smile when I remember his funny little ways & his sweet face.

You have given Beau so much more than many others would have, but how could you not love him.  I am so sorry you can't take him in your arms because he can't stand to be touched.  Talk to him qas he leaves & hopefully even though he can't hear he may feel the vibrations of your love.

#9 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

Beau passed away peacefully this morning. I was able to hold him close and kiss his little head and tell him how much I loved him.

Joy, your words helped me so much. I kept reminding myself that yes, this was a contract and I am here to the very end no matter how much it hurts. And will hurt as the days, weeks, months and years go by, as I know you are experiencing too ♥

I have a lovely photo of Beau, taken from my phone earlier this morning. I don't know how to post from my mobile but my daughter will show me when she gets back home in a few days.

xx

#10 metaltiger

metaltiger

Nar Nar Na I'm taller than you

• Members1
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

Sending you big hugs and my condolences, I am sorry that I just saw Joy's post on Facebook about Beau as I would have come on earlier and posted some cyber support.

Fly high and free Beau

#11 catsmeow

catsmeow

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 6,332 posts
  • Interests:my three cats - Dootie, P Puss and Widgee Wee, dining out, tv show- the Bill, aerobics, my family

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:49 PM

I will miss the entertaining stories of your little fluff butt Beau.  He has had a wonderful 12 years of your devoted care.

thinking of you, please don't be a stranger and pop in every now and then. xox

#12 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:12 PM

Thank you for your support. ♥

I didn't realise how strong this grief was going to be and I think it's just the beginning. It comes in waves and hits me in the chest like a big mack truck. I want him back. I've changed my mind. Then I have to remember it was the right thing to do for Beau. But oh my it hurts. I can't even find comfort in hugging Thai and Pene. They are not Beau but I better start thinking of them soon because Thai keeps looking out the window and wandering about the house looking sad.

#13 Jemcass

Jemcass

..:Cat Mad:..

• Members1
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of Beau. I remember him and all of the loving care you gave him over the years.

And Joy, I am sorry too for your loss of Elmo. I am thinking of you both at such a sad time.

#14 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,277 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

I know exactly how you are feeling.  Fly with the angels dear little Beau. He was & still is a CW favourite. You were such a special boy & I am so looking forward to one last photo.  He has left your side but will always be in your heart.  Lots of hugs xxx

#15 Rachelle

Rachelle

..:Cat Mad:..

• Members1
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

I had to come and let you know my condolences, I remembered him straight away when Joy told of this post.  I'm so very very sorry.  It's been years since I lost Norman and my grief hasn't changed, and I still look for him.   So much love to you now and remember this in the future when times are tough

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map