• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16 Doreen

Doreen

Hopelessly Devoted to Cats...

• Members1
  • 29,076 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

I too heard of Beau's passing and was compelled to come and express my sadness and to send you all the CW love I can manage at this terrible time. I remember him so well, you gave this little one so much love and patience, and I'm sure he returned the love a thousand-fold. I still grieve the loss of my Mitsi four years ago, it gets easier to remember the good times as time goes by, but you never fill the permanent hole in your heart. Sending you a big hug, and also for Joy and Rachelle, and all who have lost special ones in their lives.

#17 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

.:Super Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:09 PM

This is a photo I took of Beau this morning.  PS Love to you and your beloved Mitsi xx

beau_zps900aw6nw.jpg

#18 metaltiger

metaltiger

Nar Nar Na I'm taller than you

• Members1
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:35 PM

How beautiful and how lucky we are that we can take pictures to remember. I took pictures of Princess Paris on her last morning before I gave her wings, we don't always get the chance.

How amazing is chance, fate, luck or god that you found each other.

Know that you are not alone, just remember to breathe

#19 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

I love your post i.e words metaltiger. Thank you. I'm so glad I took the time to take this photo. It gives me comfort.

#20 smudgewillow

smudgewillow

• Members1
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

I remember dear little Beau so well... RIP and fly free handsome man... some people simply don't understand the devastation... I've lost 3 of mine in the 6 weeks and have been overwhelmed by grief :(

Such a lovely photo to have of Beau! He looks so majestic in it!

#21 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Smudgewillow, I'm sorry to hear you have lost 3 beloveds in such a short space of time!

Beau looks so grown up in this photo. I've never seem him look like that before. In all his other photo's he looks either bewildered, confused, innocent or cute.

#22 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:55 AM

What a lovely picture of Beau.  Oh Jen, I didn't know, I am so sorry.  I thought it was bad enough to have lost 3 over the past 9 months.  This was Elmo on his last day.  You can see how sad & miserable he was.

Attached File  20170127_135816.jpg   109.86KB   2 downloads

This is how I prefer to remember him

Attached File  DSCF5645.JPG   75.93KB   2 downloads

#23 catsmeow

catsmeow

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 6,332 posts
  • Interests:my three cats - Dootie, P Puss and Widgee Wee, dining out, tv show- the Bill, aerobics, my family

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:05 AM

Sending much love to everyone who has lost a part of their beloved family, we all know how that feels. 

The nice thing about this is seeing so many of us back on Cat World.  I hope this is a small start to seeing a few more visitors here.  I have been most remiss over the years but am going to make an effort to post more.

#24 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

Joy thank you for the photo's of Elmo. What beautiful eyes and colouring your little man had! And those gorgeous ears ♥ Yes, I can see he was ready to go.

I'm finding it emotionally painful to cuddle Thai and Pene. I hope I'll be able to turn my attention to Thai and Pene soon. I can pet them and cuddle them because I know they need me to but why is it so painful? Did you feel that way towards your other pets? Because I want to cuddle Beau more than anything?

Catsmeow it's been such a comfort to have so many members coming back in CW to offer support. CW knows more about Beau than anyone, except me and my daughter, because I posted so much about him. Its really nice to know you knew him too. ♥

Edited by cat_mioux, 03 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#25 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 04:28 PM

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean.  There was only one Beau.  Try & explain that to a person who doesn't know the love we share with our furry friends.  My others are trying & I love them, but they are not Elmo. They each have their special ways & those special things are what made him special.  Things they others don't do.  I know when time comes for them to pass I will go through the same things as they too have they special ways.

#26 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:06 PM

Joy yes you are so right in everything you said in your post.

Tonight Pene lay down next to me on the sofa then she did a couple of 'Beau'isms' i.e she lay down just like how Beau used to and then she stretched out her paw to clasp onto my leg just like Beau used to do. I've never seen Pene do this before. Ever. She is a very clever kitty. I wonder if she senses my grief and is trying to comfort me by imitating Beau?

I cried coming home tonight. The first time home from work and knowing Beau wouldn't be there to greet me. This pain is almost unbearable. Food leaves a lump in my throat, I'm not sleeping very well, I find it difficult doing the simplest things without thinking of Beau. But I keep telling myself there are literally thousands of people who are grieving around the world or the loss of a beloved animal at this very moment and I am not alone.

#27 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:21 PM

That will happen for a while yet & you will still look for his little face, but he is in a better place.  There is an awful lot of CW furries up there for Beau & Elmo to play with

#28 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

((Joy)) Lots of hugs and appreciation for your kindness.

#29 catsmeow

catsmeow

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 6,332 posts
  • Interests:my three cats - Dootie, P Puss and Widgee Wee, dining out, tv show- the Bill, aerobics, my family

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:59 AM

That initial sadness does eventually fade I try to think of all the wonderful times shared and those little quirky things.  Rather than tears of sadness think of them as tears of joy of what was shared.

#30 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Thank you catsmeow.

I feel like I'm 'no where' waiting for something. Probably waiting for that phone call to be told I can finally collect Beau's ashes.

Thai got sick on Saturday. I came home from work around midnight and his IBD had flared badly (bloody diarrhea) and he was sneezing and coughing! By Sunday he was much better. I dosed him with lysine, cleaned his eyes and gave him a strict bland boiled chicken diet. I'm sure it was stress that brought this on - stress missing his buddy or stress reacting to my sorrow. Pene seems fine, in fact she seems so much more relaxed.

The mack truck parked on my heart has lifted and I don't double over and sob. I just cry a little, feel lost without him. I know eventually it wont hurt so bad. It helps reading about others grief, knowing we all have to experience this one day. How are you Joy?

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map