Sore In Ear

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 children11

children11

Kitten

• 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:09 AM

We have 6 cats....all indoor cats. Our youngest cat (she's 2 years old) has a sore in her ear. I took her to the vet as soon as I noticed it a couple weeks ago. They said it looks like it could be from playing with our dog or our other cats. She said it looks like it's trying to heal and just cleaned it out. 

I just looked at it and it's not healing. I'm calling the vet tomorrow to get it rechecked.

Any idea what this could be? And why it won't heal?

I always worry about cancer but I was told cancer in a young cat is very uncommon. 

My cats don't go outside at all to get a lot of sun for skin cancer. I'm nervous about this sore that won't heal on her. 

Any idea?

Thank you,

Bernice

#2 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,562 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

It may be that it is annoying her so she is poking and licking it, or one of your others is licking it.  She may need to be separated for a few days and/or wear a cone.  Let us know what the vet says.

#3 children11

children11

Kitten

• 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:04 PM

It may be that it is annoying her so she is poking and licking it, or one of your others is licking it.  She may need to be separated for a few days and/or wear a cone.  Let us know what the vet says.

Thank you for your reply. I don't see her scratching at her ear or shaking her head so I don't think it bothers her. We don't have our dog anymore and our other cats hasn't been picking on her too much.

I just hope it's nothing serious.

Bernice

#4 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,274 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

Fingers crossed.  I also would have said maybe that her licking at it or one of the others licking it too

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map