#1 dev_666

dev_666

.:Advanced Member:.

• Members1
  • 535 posts
  • Interests:animals especially horses & cats, scuba diving

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

Can I please get some advice?  My darling little girl started the classic furball hack but instead of improving it only got worse over 3 days with her really straining and being miserable.  I have taken her to the vet who vaccinated and wormed her and recommended catlax to solve the problem.  Midge has never done this before and I am really worried about her.  She is drinking a lot of water as well, this only started with the cough.  Midge is slightly overweight and has been the same weight for 3 years (6.8kg), she is a big cat with a tonne of fur.  I have reduced the amount of dry food she is getting although it is a mix of several types of furball food which she has always been fed in the 9 years since I rescued her.  She's never had this problem before and has always managed to bring up furballs when needed (and I've stepped in several of them!). I intend to slowly convert her to a grain free diet in order to help her digestive system.

I am very worried about my furkid and hope someone can offer some advice.  She still has the cough but it has improved as is not as severe, I've been giving her a minute amount of catlax (2cm) per day and have not found any hairballs as yet.  Midge is using her litter tray as normal. 

Thanks in advance,

Larissa and Midge

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,278 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:02 AM

Could it be asthma?  I would be going back to the vet or seeking a 2nd opinion.  It sounds more than furballs

#3 charleycat

charleycat

... : Little By Little : ...

• Members1
  • 8,152 posts
  • Interests:So little time, so much to do! Homeschooling, Coursera studies, music, reading (if I had the time), knitting blankets ;) using essential oils and homeopathy...

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Any update on this one? Hershey also has a nasty cough but the vet found nothing suspicious... I'm putting slippery elm on his raw meat and keep intending to rub his gums with a bit of coconut oil to see if that also helps.

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map