4 replies to this topic

#1 siamese_owned

siamese_owned

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 12:33 PM

Morning all,

We are located in the south of Sydney (St. George Area) and we have 3 Siamese cats. The eldest is a 13 year old insulin dependent (twice a day) old boy. The other 2 (11 and 3) are Siamese with no health issues.

Old boy is making it a little difficult to find a sitting service as a 1 week holiday is trying to be planned. He has stayed at his vets before but the move didn't sit with him too well (2 nights) and I think this will be a last resort (and we don't want to separate him from the other 2 in his current apartment setting).

Any forums, house sitting services recommended? We've come across madpaws.com.au and another one (which you have to pay to join) called trustedhousesitters.com ... it doesn't have an australian domain so I'm a little skeptical.

Suggestions and ideas recommended.

Hanrob (Helensburg) came up in searches though I've heard of a bad experience with a family member who had a cat stay there several years back.

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

I am sorry but have no clues.   Would your vet recommend some-one perhaps?  The lady I use in Victoria is a vet nurse so I had no qualms about leaving my diabetic cat for her to look after

#3 siamese_owned

siamese_owned

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

Thanks Joy - yeah we taking him to the vets on Saturday for a checkup and will ask there as well. He has stayed on premise there in the past, but at his age, it didn't go too well afterwards.

#4 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 07 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Some vets may recommend a house sitter.

#5 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,563 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

And some vet nurses will do it to earn a little extra

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map