14 replies to this topic

#1 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:28 AM

Not a cat but a much loved member of our community.I am so sorry to report on the passing of a dear friend, moderator & voice of reason of CW.  I posted it here rather than in  Chit Chat as more of our members may have a chance to see it.

It is with sadness and a heavy heart that we announce Heather Fae Mclean (BK Heather, Heather Kuyper ) passed away last night at 9pm with her daughter Karen and close family at her side. During her final days she was surrounded by her BK family showing love and support. Heather fought the good fight, and she fought it her way for a long time continuing to do all the things she loved, but finally it was time for her to rest. Heather appreciated all the comfort and support she recieved from all her friends and family near and far which we know helped her with her journey. Further details for her memorial service will be announced as arrangements are made. Thank you to everyone and please take a moment today to reflect on how Heather has touched your lives in some way. David and Karen Xxxx

#2 Cherylle

Cherylle

Global Cat Addict

• Members1
  • 17,420 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Rest In Peace Heather, another sad loss.

#3 CathyW

CathyW

.:Advanced Member:.

• Members2
  • 798 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Such a sad occasion, Heather was a wonderful friend to so many people in the cat world. I met her here through these forums, and appreciate more than I can ever say just how much support and guidance she gave me.

A very special and very brave lady. Rest peacefully Heather.

#4 metaltiger

metaltiger

Nar Nar Na I'm taller than you

• Members1
  • 11,027 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

There i probably not a CW member who Heather did support in some way, be it a kind word, advice or just a reply.

Heather was an integral part of the CW community and as she will be missed.

Love and light on the next part of your journey Heather, give my babies big kisses

#5 Julia

Julia

Site Owner

• Webmaster
  • 18,405 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Rest in peace Heather. You will be dearly missed. Such sad news :(

#6 Jemcass

Jemcass

..:Cat Mad:..

• Members1
  • 4,016 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

So very sorry to hear this sad news. Lots of memories here of Heather and the advice and support she gave to me will always be appreciated. I know how much she will be missed and my sympathy goes to her family and friends.

#7 rascey

rascey

.:Super Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,744 posts
  • Interests:Cats, reading, & computers

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Heather more than a few times as she lived nearby, she even looked after my furries when I went on holiday. I am going to miss our chats and her help with numerous issues with my cats. My sympathies to her close friends and family.

#8 Nicole

Nicole

Foundation member

• Members1
  • 11,524 posts
  • Interests:Devon Rex

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:23 PM

Such sad news today. Heather was such a big part of C-W and will be dearly missed.

Rest in peace Heather. xx

#9 charleycat

charleycat

... : Little By Little : ...

• Members1
  • 8,154 posts
  • Interests:So little time, so much to do! Homeschooling, Coursera studies, music, reading (if I had the time), knitting blankets ;) using essential oils and homeopathy...

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

Heather was such a huge part of CW, one of the wise ones! It seems as though a chunk is missing from CW, she was such an important part of the forums.

So much bound up in Charley, alternative therapies and of course the two Dejavu cats that she needed to rehome. Remember them winging there way up to me and how we played along on the forum ! These two cats lost Deb Raus and now they have lost Heather. They both know, particularly Lucy - don't laugh - because last night she was so very vocal, parading around and not settling at all. Today she is sleeping. Hershey seems sad too.

Cats know.

#10 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,281 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:50 AM

Yes they do Jen.  I'm glad they are still with you as a legacy to Deb & Heather

#11 catsmeow

catsmeow

Foundation Member

• Members1
  • 6,332 posts
  • Interests:my three cats - Dootie, P Puss and Widgee Wee, dining out, tv show- the Bill, aerobics, my family

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

I think everything has been said about Heather, friend to everyone, sadly missed.  All our furries and Heather will be having a whale of a time at Rainbow Bridge. 

#12 Inca

Inca

Quirky Animal Hugger

• 12,494 posts
  • Interests:chillin' with birmans, crazy with coonies and spending time with a beagle and two goofy labradors

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

Thank you for posting this Joy - I just felt the need to come by CW for old times sake. 

Heather had an impact on all she met and will be missed 

#13 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,563 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

She came to visit me last year when she was down here in Tassie, she's a sad loss to all the communities that knew her.

#14 Samsmum

Samsmum

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:01 AM

😢

#15 cat_mioux

cat_mioux

.:Super Member:.

• Members2
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of Heather. She was a wonderful support here at CW. Much love to all her loved ones. ♥

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map