3 replies to this topic

#1 RussianRex

RussianRex

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

Hi
As the title states, what can someone recommend to use on my 7 yo girl that is prone to flea bite dermatitis?
I have not used anything for a number of years, as she was mainly an indoor only cat. But with a birth of my second child she is now used to going outside (backyard only without access to the street)
I used to treat her every month with Revolution topical, but she really hated it and I stopped using it as she was hardly ever going outdoor and I did not want to add more poison to her system.
Now that she does, what can I use for her? What is better - tablets or topical? I know Revolution treats heartworm etc as well, but I dont know if I should do it to her again - it felt like it was burning her skin
Is Comfortis an OK product? Given her age do not want to introduce other problems while treating/preventing fleas.
I could not see fleas on her, but she has little bumps (like pimples) around the base of her tail, some on the side and neck.
Any recommendations are very welcome

Edited by RussianRex, 20 November 2017 - 01:53 AM.

#2 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,282 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:47 AM

I have heard that Comfortis is good.  It is in tablet form.  No personal experience, but just secondhand.

#3 RussianRex

RussianRex

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

Actually I was reading Comfortis reviews and many cats died from it =( Don't know why and if its OK now, but not prepared to risk it

#4 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,282 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:57 AM

I have only used Revolution but haven't had to for many years so am not sure what else to suggest,  Maybe there is something in this article that might be useful

https://www.cat-worl...-cat-fleas.html

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map