Catching Up - Where Are They Now?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 charleycat

charleycat

... : Little By Little : ...

• Members1
  • 8,156 posts
  • Interests:So little time, so much to do! Homeschooling, Coursera studies, music, reading (if I had the time), knitting blankets ;) using essential oils and homeopathy...

Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

With the reminder of the forum back up and running I thought we could do a catch up thread. Many are now on Facebook but this is where it all began!

I joined in 2007 looking for health info for the handsome Charley. He died on Feb 26, 2008.

In April 2008 the duo from Deb Rause arrived via Heather - Hershey and Lucy. Hershey will be 15 in a few months and Lucy will be 14.

Those two childrenn I was homeschooling? One is in final semester at Uni and the youngest is final semester of high school :)

Sooo... Bring us all up to date?

Edited by charleycat, 07 August 2018 - 09:24 AM.

#2 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,564 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 07 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

I joined in 2008 - I found this site on a desperate search to know more about ear polyps, which were afflicting my dear RB, Luvie.  Unfortunately we lost Luvie to a very virulent ear infection that went to her brain, she was not even 4.  But from contacts here I got my dear Honey, who is lying beside me in the sun, and Yoda, who is a joy even if her is a naughty bully!  Sadly, we lost our big red darling, Mr Marmaduke the Marmalade Cat (Marmie), a few months before we moved to Tassie in Sept 2013, and lost Raymond the big cream tabby Ori X about 9 months after.  Both of them were only 11 so it was very hard.

The current 5 are - in age order - old style seal point Siamese, Zafira - 20+, DSH x British blue bicolour, Tinkerbelle - 16+, 'semi-morden' seal point Siamese, Honey - 13, Cornish Rex cream tabby, Yoda - 9, and the beautiful green eyed lilac Oriental, Farida - 5.

Miss Tinkerbelle is at the vet today as we have been trying for a week to get a urine sample, she just kicks the sample tray with plastic things in it over, gives me a disgusted look, and hangs on!

Edited by Analog6, 07 August 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#3 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,284 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:55 PM

Hi Jen, I joined back in 2003 (I think).  I have had a variety on cats in the interim but my initial nick of Muffy was of my dear tortoiseshell Scottish Fold.  I also had Zoe & Elmo, both Scottish Folds.  I was then introduced, through here,  to the wonderful Devon Rex, and yes at first I thought them ugly, but then Patricia posted a photo of a special little black smoke called Afro Girl & I was hooked.  I never met her, but she was the catalyst for my love of this special breed.  I now have Miki (nearly 14), Stella (RIP), Bobby (10.5) & now the dearest little pet call Yum Yum (3).  I was a mod & then became an admin (which I still am).  I really miss the fun, friendship & wonderful camaraderie that we had here.

Edited to add - my signature was made by dear Sara (sealhope), so it will never change

#4 Julia

Julia

Site Owner

• Webmaster
  • 18,410 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 07:56 AM

Nice to see somebody posting. I started this site in about 2002, the first forum was hosted on boards2go, I was just looking for it now, I am sure it still exists out there somewhere, would love to find it and have a read.

I hope you are all well :)

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map