Photo

Introducing Hermione ("shyann Hi'awassee")

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 cats3

cats3

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:cats and stuff!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

welcat.gif Great name!!!!

#17 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,561 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:19 AM

Welcome, but I can't see any pics - are there supposed tobe some? Hermione sounds as delightful as her name, they are ushc fun at that age.

#18 Guest_bearsmum_*

Guest_bearsmum_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

geesh 2006 was a long time ago pretty old thread nice to see though that everybody who replied to it how far along their cute little babies have grown

#19 CatsRU

CatsRU

Resident Crapologist

• Premium Platinum Poster
  • 70,181 posts
  • Interests:Cats, Reading, Entertaining, Friends.

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Geez, I thought I had visited this thread before and I had - 2006!! LOL

#20 luvkits

luvkits

• Members2
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:18 AM

haha that is funny, but still is a cute cat and name!!!
most cats like helping with the washing.
would be a lot different now i bet

#21 mygalhermione

mygalhermione

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

Hi everyone

It's nearly 10 years since I introduced my beautiful Brit, Hermione, to CW and she is still the light of my life. She is such a character and in hindsight, I should have called her 'Princess' or 'Diva' as both these names are very fitting!! She is her own person (errrhh, cat) and loves to get her own way. She is graceful and elegant but also bossy and stubborn. It took her 8 years before she would come and lie in my lap and I suspect she only started to do this after years of watching my other cat, Jasper (her painful younger brother), getting all the attention.

She's very sociable and loves to check out all the ladys' handbags - she's such a girly girl. However SHE decides who can and can't touch her, much to the amusement of my friends. There's always a bit of competition to see who she favours on the day.

She's in great health, despite the fact that I discovered a couple of years ago that she only has one functioning kidney - it appears the other never really developed and luckily her good one has evolved to function for both.

She has lived in both Australia and San Francisco and has been a real trooper. An Animal Communicator once told me she didn't mind the traveling because she told her 'we are family - where you go, I go' which was lovely to know.

The photo below shows her cheeky side but this is definitely NOT an invitation to rub her belly!

I would love to hear how all the other cats mentioned in this thread are getting on all these years later.

Debra and Hermione.

bb61c61053465d42cf599cfa77314e5f.jpg

#22 Joy

Joy

Happy Cat Lady

• Administrator
  • 26,271 posts
  • Interests:Bridge, Computers, Cats & more cats

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

How lovely to see your princess again.  My girls are the same - don't rub the belly, but my boys are opposite

#23 Doreen

Doreen

Hopelessly Devoted to Cats...

• Members1
  • 29,076 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:53 PM

Hello and it is lovely to have an update on your baby... who is all grown up! My lot aren't really lap sitters except on their own terms, and it took 5 years before my littlest one decided he wanted to be a lap cat. They are such characters, each and every one is so different. I saw a post on the internet recently that said "Whoever said diamonds are a girl's best friend has never had a cat"! 

#24 Analog6

Analog6

The Enclosure Nut!

• Members1
  • 11,561 posts
  • Interests:Cats (of course), photography, astronomy, desktop publishing, steam trains, military history (esp WWI), reading, writing, horses, travelling to new places.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

Hi Debra, I joined CW long after your original post, and just wanted to stay what a gorgeous girl she is.  Her behaviour sounds exactly like out Tinkerbelle, a British cross, we think, but she's a rescue.  Her pics under my signature.
I completely identify that laying on her back is definitely NOT an invitation to a belly rub, and touching the paws is NOT permitted.  She does love a good lap cuddle though, and the fire, oh how she loves the fire.  It gets cold down here in Tassie.

She'd love to be the only cat, and at times find sharing with 4 others hard, but it's the competition for 'her' Daddy that amuses us.  Both she and our old style meezer, Zafira, sleep in Daddy's room.  We had Zaf first, but Tinkles usually wins the closest to Daddy in bed competition.

But we love them all, as I'm sure you love your dear girl.  Hope you have many more happy years of being owned by a Brit.

#25 Kicol

Kicol

A CWer since June 22, 2006

• Members2
  • 9,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

Hi, it is lovely having an update, Hermione looks like she is a real Diva!  My girl is also a bit of a Diva in her older age, and she is in good health too!

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map