• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lotus

Lotus

....:Cat Addict:....

• Members1
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:08 PM

I was wondering if people who put multiple posts, such as 4 or 5, on the For Sale & Wanted board all at the same time, would perhaps be able to condense these into just a couple of longer posts so as not to push too many other different posts off the first page so quickly... By putting a suitable topic and more info in the topic title you will find that people will read the whole post I think. I know sometimes the posts are pushed to the next page quite quickly when a lot of people put on a post on the same day, which is normal, but this would be one way where it can be minimised perhaps.
Just a suggestion, what do others think?
Flame suit in place!!
Cheers
Lotus

Edited by Lotus, 28 May 2004 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Jovelles

Jovelles

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:43 PM

<_< I agree wholeheartedly with your suggestion - it would be much fairer if you could only post once or twice a week max - this is the rule in other sites. It is frustrating to see your add pushed down so quickly because of mistakes in posts that are repeated or the like or lots of multiple posts by the same person. How do others feel? :(

#3 CHarry

CHarry

..:Member:..

• Members2
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Hockey - love it!!!<br>Cats - especially siamese (lilacs and blues)<br>Most sports - eg. football (brisbane lions)

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

Hi Liz, I don't post in this section but I definately agree with you, I do believe that it is difficult to keep going back and trying to find an advert you may have seen. But I can't see why other breeders can't do what you do, and post all their available cats on one topic as you have to flick through sometimes five by the one breeder, and I usually loose interest after the 2nd. But I like the way you do your ads, very simple and straight forward! The way it should be.

Cheers Chantel :D

#4 Lotus

Lotus

....:Cat Addict:....

• Members1
  • 8,342 posts

Posted 17 April 2004 - 10:35 PM

I just think it is fairer to others for people to not put on 4 or 5 posts on this particular (Sale & Wanted) board all at once but I don't think actual formal rules need to be put in place as such, it should be up to each person... I find it is generally quite easy to condense it all into one or two posts at a time.
Cheers
Lotus

Edited by Lotus, 29 May 2004 - 09:14 PM.

#5 Julia

Julia

Site Owner

• Webmaster
  • 18,403 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 07:07 AM

Hi Liz,

We have been having this problem over on Cats of Australia along with people posting the same ad every other day & Zoe had to request people only post every 5 or so days to make it farer for everybody. It's never been a problem here (thankfully), but the same rule would apply.

As for posting several ads for different kittens/breeds etc., I'd rather see them combined into the one post. There really is no need to put a post for each breed/kitten.

I will pin this topic so people coming to the forum can read it.

#6 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2004 - 08:11 AM

should post in the For sale in the UK forum, would never dissapear then :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :shocking:

#7 Guest_Muffy_*

Guest_Muffy_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2004 - 03:37 PM

Why is that Steve? There are never any posts in the UK one
;)

#8 Guest_Rambo_*

Guest_Rambo_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:21 AM

Hi Joy,

don't think there are many breeders from the UK here so there's never any kittens for sale :cry:

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map