For All You "wanna Be" Breeders Out There

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 Furrballz

Furrballz

Purple Rulz!

• Members1
  • 9,899 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends and pets.... All things to do with animals!

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

... A Prefix can be kept renewed tho, for the future possibilities.
And you know you got one of your choices, regardless of using it, or not :)

#77 Margret Turner

Margret Turner

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Spoiling Lizzy. Watching tv. Trying to understand internet forums.

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

My local vet's is also a breeder and general cat nut. She is a successful breeder with many years experience. Her queen died and she went to another breeder and purchased a new furry lady to start a new line of Persians. She hasn't had a single death in years and since the last 3 litters have all died. It just go's to show that even a vet can't always help these things and all the experience in the world can not always prepare you for the heart break that can occur with breeding. I imagine it's one of those careers that has the highest highs and the lowest lows.

#78 bec88

bec88

..:Member:..

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Volunteering, reading, sitting by the Maribyronong river with my dalmatian watching the fish and birds, uni activities, a cold beer or sangria on a hot day with friends! Cooking, lifeguarding, and behavioral psychology.

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:05 AM

Oh my goodness, I could not imagine having to hand rear an entire litter!

I have just come out the other side of some very tense weeks with a little ginger boy, Rupert, I found abandoned in a box in a skip. After the home I took him too said they would have to put him down due to emaciation and parasite infestation, I said I would nurse him back to health. After very strict instructions from the vet, I took him home. This meant hourly, then 2-3 hourly water feeds at first, then water with nutrigel, then a little kitten formula added bit by bit until he was on full formula. He was then on Science Diet A/D formula, which is now 50/50 mixed with a artificial additive free kitten can food. Then yesterday he had his first dry kitten biscuit!! There were a lot of sleepless nights at first and a lot of stress as the vets initially said I would certainly have a dead kitten on my hands in a few days. I couldn't begin to imagine the stress you would be under with a sick mum cat and hand rearing all of her babies!

You are an inspiration! Posted Image

#79 Heather Sharada

Heather Sharada

Foundation Member

• Administrator
  • 66,811 posts
  • Interests:Meditation, Spiritual Lifestyle, Vegetarianism
    Reflexology -Homoeopathy,
    Ex Breeder Sharada Birmans. Like cats to have free access cat-proof garden.

Lived England 14 years - returned 1998

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Bec you also are an inspiration....well done. Let's hope Rupert continues to grow and thrive...

#80 Satchmo

Satchmo

Global Cat Addict

• Administrator
  • 22,830 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:22 AM

Some members come and go from CW and we sadly never hear updates.

#81 mesharon

mesharon

.:Newbie:.

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

Thanks for sharing all these valuable information. I am just starting this business and looking for tips and suggestions. I will post pictures soon when I have a chance..

#82 Silly Meow Meow

Silly Meow Meow

Kitten

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

haha i always dream to be a cat breeder. However, none of my family members agree. They think I won't sell any cat and will keep them all hahahaha

#83 bigbadbud

bigbadbud

.:Super Member:.

• Members1
  • 1,569 posts
  • Interests:animals/art/photography

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hope all gets a little easier - and do try to take it a little easy on yourself too - remember that please - hope all is ok with you and your health.  And Maxwell sends his noisy, sloppy, trilling hello :-)

Copyright © 2014 Cat World. All Rights Reserved.

Home     Contact Us    Privacy Policy     Disclaimer     Site Map