Birth: At birth they usually weigh between 90 - 100 grams.
- 0 – 3 days: The umbilical cord is still attached and the eyes are sealed shut.
- 7 - 10 days. The eyes begin to open.
- 2 - 3 weeks: The kitten begins to stand, the eyes and ears open.
- 4 weeks: The kitten begins playing and exploring her environment.
- 5 weeks: They should be fairly confident on their feet by this age.
- 6 + weeks: The kittens are extremely active.
Teeth are also a good way to determine age.
- 2 weeks: Deciduous incisors (the small teeth at the front) begin to come in.
- 3 - 4 weeks: Deciduous canines (the long, pointy teeth next to the front teeth) begin to come in.
- 4 - 6 weeks: Deciduous pre-molars (also known biscupids, these are the teeth located between the canine and molar teeth) begin to come in.
- 8 weeks: All baby teeth have come in.
- 12 - 16 weeks: Incisors come in.
- 4 - 6 months: Canines, pre-molars and molars come in.
- 7 months: All adult teeth should be fully developed.